Monk Chariton of Karoulia
The monastery was founded before the a the 10th century. It played a leading role Revolution of 1821 in Halkidiki. The katholikon dedicated to the Ascension, was built be 1806 and 1810, and frescoed in 1811, 1818 and 1841. Notable among the monastery’s relics the so-called cross of Pulcheria, a mosaic icon of Christ with tiny tesserae, and manuscript no. 14 with its eighty miniatures.
Source: Monk Chariton, Images of Athos, 3rd edition, Mount Athos, 2007