We are a charitable foundation inspired by the living Orthodox Christian tradition as experienced in Mount Athos, Greece for over 1600 years. We wish to share this unique spirit with the world.
We aim to connect with people interested in supporting the multi-faceted works of the Monastic State of Mount Athos, Greece, especially that of the Holy Great Monastery of Vatopedi. By promoting the Athonite spirit, we strive to inspire people to approach the way-of-life, history and art of the living Orthodox Christian tradition and to establish a deeper understanding and awareness of its cultural impact.
WHAT WE DO
The Grace Charitable Foundation strives to contribute to the restoration, development and promotion of the Holy Great Monastery of Vatopedi as a monument of worldwide cultural heritage, officially recognized by UNESCO and the European Union, as well as to provide support for the Monastery’s charitable, social, educational, and academic activities.
• Support for the reconstruction of the historical Athoniada Academy (1750 AD)
• Undertaking of related research and support of numerous academic publications
• Renovation and restoration of Monastery’s anciently renowned buildings
• Utilization of the priceless resources of the Monastery’s abounding library and the digitization of the material therein
• Promotion of the Monastery’s works in art, education, and social welfare